As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
- Easy Auto Mode optimizes the camera settings for each shot
- 17 Scene Modes for effortless photos and videos
- 5x wide-angle NIKKOR glass zoom lens gets you closer to the action
Nikon Coolpix L30
- 20.1 megapixel 1/2.3” CCD sensor
- 5x optical zoom
- Maximum aperture f3.2-6.5
- Electronic vibration reduction
- Macro mode focuses as close as 4 inches
- 3” LCD screen
- 25 MB internal memory
- 720p/30fps HD video
- In-camera image editing
- 1/2000 maximum shutter speed
- Burst mode 1.1 fps (up to six shots)
- Requires two AA batteries (320 shots on alkaline, 950 shots on lithium)
- Release Date: 2014-01-30
We’re pleased to see that Nikon COOLPIX L30 is sticking with a 1/2.3″ size sensor with their budget models, instead of shrinking it down to hit the right price point. What you will sacrifice for this price is speed, with just a 1.1 fps burst mode, though the maximum shutter speed is about average for the category.
Again, video quality is reduced too. But, for the budget price tag, the Coolpix L30 should get some decent images. It includes an ergonomic grip instead of trying to fit in a pocket (we don’t recommend storing cameras in pockets anyways).
The interface is designed to be a bit simpler, with a large screen for easier reading. If you can swing a bit more cash, the S5300 and S6800 are faster options, but the L30 is a nice option if you just can’t go any higher.