As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
- 14.1 megapixels with 4x wide-angle optical zoom (28mm wide)
- Record movies with 720p HD video
- Smart Auto intelligently selects settings from 32 predefined shooting situations
Canon Powershot A2200
- 14.1 megapixels
- CCD sensor
- 4x optical zoom
- 28mm wide-angle
- 720p HD video
- Digic 4 processor
- Captures to SD/SDHC memory cards
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
Canon’s A2200 is an entry-level shooter without much flair. We’re usually big fans of the Canon A-series; they almost always offer above-average image quality and performance for the price, but something feels like it’s missing from this particular camera.
Yes, it can record HD video, but it has no optical image stabilization, and the 4x zoom range is average at best. The Canon Powershot A2200 still an above-average budget-camera option, but we’d recommend that you take a look at the A3300 IS for a little bit more money.