As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
- [Larger 1 Inch Sensor] 20.1 Megapixels large sensor for brighter and more colorful photos (12800 Max...
- [LEICA DC 15x Lens] Leading class optical zoom performance with a bright F3.3 – 6.4 aperture for...
- [Creative Control] Scene modes, filter modes, adds creativity while traditional aperture and shutter...
Panasonic Lumix ZS200
- Other Features: 4K shooting modes for high speed burst, post focus, sequence composition
- Weight: 11.99 oz.
- Battery: Li-ion up to 370 images
- Weather Sealing: No
- Screen: 3-inch touchscreen, electronic viewfinder
- GPS: No
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- Flash: Yes
- RAW: Yes
- Video: 4K at 30 fps, 1080p at 60 fps, up to about 30 minute recordings
- Image Stabilization: 5-axis hybrid OIS
- Autofocus System: Data not available
- Burst Speed: 10 fps
- Zoom: 15x
- Aperture: f/3.3-6.4
- Shutter Speed: 60-1/2000
- ISO: 125-12800 (expandable to 80-25600)
- Sensor: 20.9 megapixel 1-inch CMOS
- Release Date: 2018-03-23
The smartphone may have largely done away with the point-and-shoot, but compacts with big sensors and big zooms are still hanging around. The Panasonic LUMIX is both, using a one-inch sensor and a 15x zoom despite the small size.
The FZ200 uses a 20 megapixel one-inch sensor. The zoom lens is longer than the earlier model with a 15x optical zoom, which is great for travel.
The trade-off for the extra zoom is that the lens isn’t as bright as the FZ100. The combination of the larger sensor and big zoom, however, make the camera an excellent option for traveling. Speed is also a perk with a 10 fps burst speed. The small camera also includes optical image stabilization, which is always a plus when working with longer zooms, as well as when shooting in low light.
4K video is also included, which, like other Panasonic cameras, includes 4K photo modes for faster bursts, post focus and in-camera focus stacking. Panasonic also added sequencing with an in-camera effect to show movement in a single frame.Those features are wrapped up in a rather compact body that weighs less than a pound.
While many compacts ditch the viewfinder, the FZ200 still has an electronic viewfinder intact along with the LCD screen.The Panasonic FZ200 covers a rare mix of a larger sensor and a larger zoom. Without entering into the larger, bridge-style cameras like the Sony RX10 series and the Panasonic FZ2500, close competitors include the Olympus Stylus 1, but it’s a 2013 camera in need of an update.
The 2015 Canon G3 X also mixes a one-inch sensor with a zoom, though a larger 25x lens that’s also a bit brighter. For the price and mix of features, however, the Panasonic FZ200 looks to be an excellent camera for travel.