As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
- 16 megapixel 1/2.3” CMOS sensor
- 50x optical zoom, 4x digital zoom
- Maximum aperture f3.4-6.5
- Maximum shutter speed 1/2000
- ISO sensitivity 100-3200
- Manual modes
- Burst speed 1.6 fps in P mode or 10 fps in High-Speed Burst mode
- 1080 HD video at 30 fps
- Wi-Fi and NFC
- 3” LCD
- Li-ion battery rated at 210 shots (290 in ECO mode)
- Weighs 15.6 oz. (442g)
- Release Date: 2014-01-04
Introduced at the 2015 Consumer Electronics Show, the Canon Powershot SX530, along with HD video and wi-fi. Super Zooms are a growing category, thanks largely to the fact that cell phone camera technology hasn’t yet offered such a big zoom range. The 50x zoom is accompanied by optical image stabilization, which is essential for a camera with such a big zoom.
It’s tough to say how solid the image quality will be at the end of that zoom without a hands-on test, but with Canon’s reputation, photos should be pretty solid. With manual modes, the SX530 offers more control than the typical consumer camera. Of course, automated modes are available too for easy shooting options.The SX530 hits a solid burst speed of 10 fps–but beware that speed can only be achieved in one mode, the High Speed Burst mode, where most cameras allow the highest burst speeds to be used across most, if not all, modes.
In any other mode, including manual, the burst speed tops out at a slow 1.6 fps.The Canon PowerShot SX530 looks to be a solid camera–but seems far from the best in class. The Fujifilm S1, which is cheaper due to the fact that it’s a 2014 model, has the same zoom range, but has a 10 fps burst speed that’s not limited to one mode, as well as RAW files and excellent image quality across the zoom range. The Olympus Stylus SP-100 has a 50x zoom as well, with a 7 fps burst mode and a brighter lens.The Canon PowerShot SX530 will be available beginning in February 2014 for a list price of $429.99.
- Powerful 50x Optical Zoom lets you capture the details that make your photography stand out
- Equipped with built-in Wi Fi and NFC to make wireless sharing of photos between compatible devices...
- Fully compatible with Canon's photo and video storage device: The Canon Connect Station CS100. Focal...