As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Lenses are a very important part of your photography equipment – arguably, the most important part. Therefore, in order to get a compelling picture that tells a beautiful story, it is crucial to buy the best lens for your camera. A 35mm is a type of prime lens and in fact, is one of the most highly regarded prime lenses for its abilities.
It carries multiple features that make it a highly versatile lens. You can achieve a lot with it. However, there are plenty of options for this lens, making the process of buying one overwhelming. Therefore, we have the ultimate guide to a 35mm f1/8 Lens for Nikon. It includes how to choose one, the benefits it carries, etc.
To find out more about it, keep on reading!
- Review of the Best 35mm f1/8 Lens for Nikon
- 1. Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G
- What Recent Buyers Report
- Buyers are very happy with Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G unit for a number of reasons. First, it allows one to have great creative freedom by offering a wide variety of features. Features such as the silent wave motor and AF system enable efficient autofocus, so this lens can be employed for action photography and as a great walk-around lens.
- Furthermore, buyers find that it has a very ergonomic design, enabling it to be easy to use. It is convenient because of its construction, which makes it portable and easy to travel with. Plus, it is lightweight to prevent physical strain, enabling to film with it for longer intervals.However, some buyers did find the manual focus to be a little hard to use, but with time, one learns his way around that too.
- This just requires a little patience and practice. Some buyers think the product is cheaply built because of its plastic construction. However, that is not the case. It is constructed with high-quality plastic to allow it to be durable, portable, and lightweight.
- Nikon is a brand known to deliver nothing but the best when it comes to photography equipment. This unit is a great example of their innovation and high-quality products. It is a consumer favorite product.
- Why it Stands Out to Us
- This unit captured our attention with its innovative design. There are multiple benefits and features of the design that caught our attention. These include:
- Silent Wave Motor
- This feature is truly a delight to have on any lens. The Silent Wave Motor AF system allows the lens to have an efficient and quiet autofocus mode.
- We have mentioned how highly versatile this unit is. This is also reflected in its compatibility. It is compatible with both DX and FX formats. Furthermore, you can easily figure out if the lens fits on your camera by visiting the Nikon website and entering your camera details.
- It features a sturdy and great quality overall construction. It is made to be lightweight and portable, so it is easy to travel with, yet the quality is not compromised. It has a rubber gasket that prevents moisture from seeping into the mount. This makes it durable and highly reliable.
- Aspherical Lens
- This product is equipped with aspherical lens elements that help to minimize coma and other types of lens aberrations. This, in turn, helps the overall image integrity to provide stunning results.
- One of the most powerful features of this unit is its ability to create beautiful bokeh. Beautifully executed, soft-blurred backgrounds are a dream for photographers. However, many camera lenses are unable to achieve the effect as perfectly as this one does.
- Who Will Use This Most
- The 35mm lens has incredible, versatile capabilities that allow it to work for a large audience. Its innovative construction and design allow it to give complete creative freedom to the person using it and offers multiple features to learn new skills and perfect them.The design is incredibly sustainable and has great construction; thus can be traveled with.
- Furthermore, it is very easy to use. The design offers manual and autofocus, plus a mode that allows an easy switch between the two. This enables it to work well for beginners. It also allows them to perfect their skills well. Believe it or not, this is one of the best wedding photography lenses on the market. It is equipped with the most desirable wide aperture on any lens, which is f/1.8.
- It allows this product to work incredibly well under low-lighting conditions, which are often what photographers encounter during engagement and wedding events. It is present in the photography kit of every professional photographer because of the versatility and ease of use it provides.
- It is highly convenient, affordable, and is packed with features that improve its overall functionality to provide great results.
- Bottom Line
- There are many lenses available in the market, however, very few come close to achieving what you can with this beautiful lens. It is one of the best Nikon lenses due to its beautiful image quality and innovative design. Its versatility, in conjunction with its performance and the results one can achieve with it, are truly unmatched.
- It has been able to target a large demographic, given how easy to use and ergonomic the design is. The overall construction minimizes physical strain as it is lightweight and portable. This also aids in traveling with the product, as it is easy to pack.The optics it is equipped with are of high-quality, as well as the rest of its construction.
- The solid construction enables it to withstand different weather conditions, allowing it to be strong and sturdy. This product is accessible to a larger audience, as it is pretty affordable. But don’t be fooled by the price tag, as it is better than most of its higher-end counterparts.
- This unit is proof that a good lens isn’t necessarily expensive. If it carries the features you are looking for, then it is definitely worth checking out.
- 1. Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G
- Comparison of the Best 35mm f1/8 Lens For Nikon
- What Does 35mm f1/8 Mean?
- How to Choose a 35mm f1/8 Lens
- Benefits of Investing in a Quality 35mm f1/8 Lens
- People Also Ask
Review of the Best 35mm f1/8 Lens for Nikon
There is an abundance of 35 mm lenses in the market, making it hard for one to agree upon a single unit. Luckily, we came across several incredible lenses and were able to narrow down all the options down to one stunning unit. It is incredibly reliable and a true gem. Let’s see what it has to offer.
- F mount lens/DX format. Picture angle with Nikon DX format 44 degree
- 52.5 millimeter (35-millimeter equivalent). Rear focusing; Manual focus override
- Aperture range: F/1.8 to 22; Dimensions(approx.) 70 x 52.5 millimeter
- Features rubber seals prevent moisture ingression around the mount
- Compact and lightweight construction makes it a delight to travel with
- Stunning aperture allows it to work incredibly well for low-lighting conditions as well
- Features an M/A mode which allows easy switching from manual to autofocus mode
- Features a fast f/1.8 maximum aperture which allows it to create beautifully blurred backgrounds
- Lacks hard stops which makes manual focusing difficult
- Plastic construction cheapens the overall feel of the product
- Doesn’t allow silent autofocus, as it makes a sharp grinding sound while doing so
What Recent Buyers Report
Why it Stands Out to Us
Silent Wave Motor
Who Will Use This Most
Comparison of the Best 35mm f1/8 Lens For Nikon
What Does 35mm f1/8 Mean?
The numbers present on the lenses can be quite confusing. Most people find it hard to grasp what they mean. However, it only looks confusing. Once you understand what these numbers indicate, you will be able to read and understand them easily. They will, in turn, help you in the selection process of a lens.
To understand what the numbers mean, one first needs to know what focal length and maximum aperture are. The focal length is the distance between the lens and the point where the light rays converge to make an image of the object, known as the focal point. The focal length is designated in mm, is the first number you see, and can tell us about the angle of view and magnification of the lens.
Prime lenses have a fixed focal length, whereas the focal length of zoom lenses is represented by a range. A 35mm lens is a prime lens with a 35mm focal length.
Furthermore, f represents the maximum aperture. Maximum aperture is a measure of how wide the lens opens to let the light rays in. F/1.8 and f/2.8 are the best apertures to shoot with in low-lighting conditions as they allow more light rays in the lens.
How to Choose a 35mm f1/8 Lens
There are certain features that need to be considered before investing in a lens. These allow you to decide if it is worth investing in and provide a good basis to judge the lenses’ performance. Let’s take a look:
Silent Wave Motor System
A silent wave motor system is a feature that allows the autofocus of your lens to be as efficient and as silent as possible. This is crucial because, for travel and action photography, you need the autofocus to be fast so it can capture clear and sharp images. Furthermore, silent autofocus is important when you don’t want a loud shutter noise to disturb your subject.
Aspherical Lens Elements
Aspherical lens elements are a feature to look for in a lens. They are often denoted by AS. They work by utilizing non-spherical surfaces on both sides of the glass to minimize or eliminate certain types of lens aberration in order to provide sharp and clear images.
The overall construction of the unit needs to be portable and lightweight. This makes the lens travel-friendly and light to pack. Furthermore, lighter construction reduces physical strain.
Switching Focus Modes
A lens should have M/A mode, which allows one to switch between manual and autofocusing easily. This makes the lens incredibly convenient for the user.
F/1.8 and f/2.8 are the best apertures to have on your camera lens. They enable one to capture beautifully blurred backgrounds, making them amazing for portraits. Furthermore, their ability to allow more light in the lens makes them wonderful for low-lighting conditions, as well.
Benefits of Investing in a Quality 35mm f1/8 Lens
If you are still on the fence about whether or not you want to invest in a quality 35mm f1/8 lens, then perhaps considering all the benefits it holds will help you decide.
A quality 35mm will be the most versatile lens you ever invest in. A 35 mm f1/8 lens carries multiple features that enable it to work for so many different styles of photography. You can get beautiful blurred backgrounds and bokeh with it, given its amazing and fast f/1.8 maximum aperture.
Investing in a quality, reliable brand will ensure the durability of the product as it features high-quality construction. It carries features such as a rubber-sealed gasket that does not allow moisture to seep in. All of this contributes to it being a long-term investment, as well.
Easy to Use and Travel
The portable and lightweight construction of these units make them a delight to travel with. Their highly versatile nature makes them great carry around lenses. Furthermore, they allow one to pack light and cause minimum physical strain. Thus, they are incredibly user-friendly.
Cautious Considerations to Keep in Mind
There are certain aspects to buying a lens that need to be kept in mind as they enhance the overall user experience you will have with them. Consider these aspects prior to investing in a lens.
Reliability and Durability
As mentioned earlier, lenses are a very crucial part of your photography equipment and are necessary for capturing a good picture. Therefore, the lens you invest in should be consistent in its image quality and reliable. It should ideally come with a good warranty that makes it a long-term investment.
Prior to investing in a lens, make sure it is compatible with your camera format and is able to mount on your camera. If the product is not compatible with your camera, your entire investment will be wasted. Furthermore, if the camera format is not compatible with your lens, it will not recognize it.
Lenses can carry a pretty hefty price point. The more features it carries and the heavier construction it has, the pricier it will be. Therefore, it is very important to set a budget for yourself. It will help you narrow down your options. A good thing about having so many lenses available on the market is that it gives everyone something to choose from. You should be able to buy a great lens on any budget.
People Also Ask
People tend to find the process of buying a lens rather overwhelming and confusing. There are many technicalities that need to be looked over, plus the sheer abundance of products on the market makes it hard to decide on one. Therefore, we took the liberty of answering your most frequently asked questions to clear any misconceptions or confusion you may have.
Is the Nikon 35mm f/1.8 Weather-Sealed?
Nikon does not refer to their lenses as weather-sealed, however, Nikon lenses do carry a rubber gasket, which prevents moisture from seeping into the mount. Furthermore, the front element is fixed and the barrel does not move either, leaving no space for dust particles or air to get in. Thus, you would find it super-protected against the weather.
Is Nikon 35mm Lens Wide Angle?
The Nikon 35mm lens is not cut to work as a wide-angle lens. The reason being that this lens was designed for crop sensors and carries a smaller image circle. This translates to it having a normal angle of view, and thus, it wouldn’t be considered a wide-angle lens.
The type of lens you opt for solely depends upon the type of photography you are hoping to use it for. There are plenty of lenses in the market specializing in different types of photography. However, the best part about a 35mm is the versatility it offers. It can work for people of any expertise level, multiple types of photography, etc. All of this makes it a must-have for any photography enthusiast.
This post was aimed at delivering you all the relevant information on the working principle, features, benefits, etc. of a 35mm prime lens. Hopefully, you were able to understand it to make a better decision when buying 35mm lenses.
The product we recommend is one of the best 35mm lenses on the market and is very hard to beat. Thus, it is a safe bet if you don’t want to go through the extensive process of researching lenses and trying to finalize one out of the hundreds of available options.