As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
- Zoom in tight or stay wide with the 8X wide optical zoom lens
- Dedicated video record button, 720p HD video, on-camera editing
- One-button upload to e-mail, KODAK PULSE Display and other popular social networking sites
Kodak Easyshare M583
- Smart Capture mode
- Face recognition
- Captures to microSD/microSDHC
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Release Date: 2011-04-17
The Kodak Easyshare M583 seems like a solid mid-zoom point-and-shoot. Last year’s M580 was a commendable camera, mainly because it had such a long (8x) zoom at a low price; this most recent model doesn’t really offer anything new, but you can’t mess with success…mostly. While the LCD screen is larger, the memory card format has unfortunately switched to microSD.
Why would you do that? Rugged cameras can get away with it, but it seems like a foolish move for a stand-alone, non-tough point-and-shoot. Several other point-and-shoots do the exact same thing as this does, but without the awkward microSD format.