As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Considering how easy it is to access a ton of resources on the internet, your images and other creative work as a photographer could be at risk of theft. Undoubtedly, knowing how to put a watermark on a photo without photoshop and with any available resources is a game-changer.
- How to Put a Watermark on a Photo Without Photoshop
- How to Watermark Your Image Using Other 3rd-Party Photo Editors
- What Are the Benefits of Knowing How to Watermark Your Images?
How to Put a Watermark on a Photo Without Photoshop
Let’s admit, Photoshop is one of the best image editing software out there, and adding a watermark to an image on it is pretty simple to get by. However, what happens when you can’t readily access this software?
That is why knowing how to add a watermark to your photo using any Photoshop alternatives is essential, as these tools require fewer editing skills. No worries, whether you’re looking to achieve this on your mobile device or computer, there is always an ideal tool and method.
Below, we’ve discussed how you can apply this easy-to-use software to slap a decent watermark on your images without any hassle.
Adding Watermark to Your Image on Your Computer Without Photoshop
If you’re a keyboard-and-click type of editor, there are several methods and resources for you to add watermark to your images using your computer. Although this sounds like a lot of information is being thrown at you, these tools and methods are not as intricate as they sound.
By following a few steps proven to work, you can do this excellently in no time. Here are the best Photoshop alternatives for adding watermark to images on your computer:
1. Using Lightroom
Like Photoshop, Lightroom was also developed by Adobe. It features various tools to help you perform most editing tasks, including putting a watermark on your images. Many users find Lightroom easier to use for watermarks than Photoshop.
Here are the steps you need to take to add a watermark to an image using Lightroom seamlessly:
- Install Lightroom on your computer
- Launch the software
- Proceed to Import your ready-made watermark in JPEG or PNG file format or create your watermark on Lightroom
- Reduce the opacity of the watermark.
- Then, adjust the position of the watermark to where you want it
- Next, save your watermark as a preset so you can apply it anytime you need to import an image
2. Applying Microsoft Paint 3D on Your Windows Computer
If you’re using a windows computer, the Paint 3D software by Microsoft is most likely integrated into your computer. Microsoft designs this tool to enable most creatives to bring their ideas to life on their windows computers.
The Paint 3D is also a helpful alternative to Photoshop when adding a watermark to your image. Thanks to the user-friendly interface, you can easily apply a watermark to your pictures using the steps discussed below:
- Launch the Paint 3D software on your computer
- Navigate to the “File” option from the menu bar and select open
- Then locate the image that you want to put a watermark on and Open it
- Go to the point on the image where you want to add the watermark and select the text tool from the menu bar
- From the dialogue men displayed, select the font type, size, and color
- Proceed to type the watermark’s content on the image
- Next, save the changes that you’ve made
3. Using the Image Preview on Your Mac Computer
The Image preview feature is the ideal Mac user’s alternative to Photoshop when it comes to adding a watermark to your photos. It is pretty straightforward, and just about anyone can use it effortlessly.
Here are the steps of what to do to add a watermark to your photo on a Mac, using the Image Preview feature:
- Open up the Mac finder and search for the image that you want to watermark
- Then, select the “Show Markup” tool after the image has been brought up
- Pick the “Text” option and adjust the text settings accordingly
- Proceed to tye our watermark in a text format
Adding Watermark to Your Image on Your Mobile Devices Without Photoshop
Not every designer or editor enjoys using their computer to work. Some prefer pen and screen techniques, which is why knowing how to watermark an image on your smartphone or tablet is essential.
There are several options for doing this on your mobile, and we’ve discussed these techniques and features extensively below:
This tool is highly functional and comes in different versions that cut across several smartphone models. It is compatible with windows, android, and iPhone, enabling you to readily add watermarks to your images.
To use this tool:
- Open the software on your smartphone
- Click on select Photo to choose your desired image for this effect
- Select the type of watermark you want to create; either a text or a graphic watermark
- Then, from the dialogue menu displayed afterward, select the “Text” options
- Next, create and edit your watermark design
- Finally, click OK to confirm your settings
That’s correct! This tool is versatile and ideal for most smartphone users, notwithstanding your design skills. Whether you have little to no experience or are skilled at creating graphic designs, you can easily use this app to add watermarks to your images.
To use this tool, simply:
- Open it on your smartphone
- Select the image that you want to watermark
- Click on the option titled “Logo” from the menu bar at the bottom of the screen
- Create the type of watermark logo that you want to apply to the image
- Select the specific logo or design that you want to use which displays the logo at any point on the image
- Touch and drag the logo to the position on the image where you desire
- Click on the downward-facing arrow to save or select the share button to share the watermarked image to other platforms across the internet
How to Watermark Your Image Using Other 3rd-Party Photo Editors
When it comes to performing simple design tasks such as adding a logo or watermark to an image, there’s an endless list of tools available. Although the tools discussed above are useful alternatives to Photoshop, we’ve gone over some other ones that might interest you:
- Visual Watermark: Ideal for watermarking several images simultaneously while maintaining the quality of every image
- Umark: Highly functional watermarking tool that enables you to batch-mark your photos in real-time
- Watermark.ws: A simple drag-and-drop editor that allows you to add and remove watermarks and still alter other components of the logo
What Are the Benefits of Knowing How to Watermark Your Images?
With cyber theft increasing more than expected, having one of your creative works stolen or used without your permission seems inevitable. This situation gives a lot of creatives a hard time posting their works online. Many have asked, what is a straightforward way to solve this?
Well, using a watermark is one sure way. While having a watermark on your image does not guarantee that your picture might not get stolen, a prominent watermark on your work reduces the chances of it being used without permission.
That said, using a watermark on your images will go a long way to protect them from online copycats and thieves. Besides, it will also enable you to quickly identify and protect your work using the appropriate copyright channels.
No doubt, using a watermark can help reduce the chances of your images being stolen online, and Photoshop is an excellent watermark tool. However, using the other tools and techniques discussed throughout this article, you can still do this effectively on your computer and mobile devices.